Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Time to Rest

OK...have I mentioned to anyone that my husband is working on his doctoral degree? Why is that important, you may ask. Because it makes for a very busy lifestyle right now. We've had some crazy, completely full, over-the-top busy months since the beginning of this year. Tim travels to Chicago once a month for class, in February and March I was running our annual Phonathon at work, in March I spoke in chapel and we took a group of 40 college students to Orlando to serve in a variety of ministry opportunities there. With all that going on (and I didn't even get into Grace's schedule of activities) Tim completed and is getting ready to defend the first chapter of his dissertation. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it.

But...it's time to rest. In just a few short days, Tim, Grace and I are heading to Disney World! Can I just tell you how excited I am? First of all, Grace and I have never been to Disney. We are totally pumped at this opportunity. Second, we haven't had an extended vacation time with just the three of us in two years. We're due some down time and I can't wait! Third, we'll be there over Grace's birthday. How exciting is that!! I still have to order her a cake, but we're so ready to go! Just the three of us...spending totally fun time together. Did I mention I can't wait?

Once we get back things get crazy all over again and won't slow down until August. My sweet little girl is about to turn 9. My husband's on his way to being Dr. Tim, and life just keeps moving along swiftly. So, I really want to enjoy this time with my family. Florida...here we come!

Blessings!

No comments: