Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Craziness

OK ya'll...my life has truly been crazy the last two months and it's only going to get worse then better then worse. In September, I started a new position at work as a fundraiser. Learning curve...however, I really am enjoying it. For the past several weeks (Feb. 5 until last night) I have been working with an awesome group of students on our annual Phonathon. We have exceeded our goal, but I am frankly worn out! I could barely get myself out of bed this morning. It's been an exhausting time, however, a fun one at the same time. I've learned a lot and look forward to my job even more now.

So that was one thing...another thing is my husband and I are leading a group of 42 college students to Orlando for a spring break missions trip. We'll be working with several different organizations feeding the homeless, working with women recently released from prison, men who are addicts, as well as construction and clean-up around Orlando. Center Pointe Community Church in Orlando has graciously opened their doors for our group to stay there for the week. We leave next Friday and we get to take Grace with us. Her first missions trip! YEAH!!!!

The next thing is I'm speaking in chapel here at our university next Monday. I'll be sharing my personal testimony specifically talking about reconciling with one's self. I've been so busy that I haven't had a whole lot of time to prepare, but God's been speaking to me (dreamed about it last night) and so I have a good idea of what I want to say. For those of you who love Beth Moore, I'm going to incorporate her children's book into my talk. Please pray for me that God will speak clearly through me and touch some lives through it. Pray that students would be loosed from the chains that satan is binding them with and that they will come to know the freedom that only comes from our gracious Heavenly Father.

There is so much more going on in our life but I'll save that for another post. One thing that I have found in this craziness of life....God is so good, never failing, blessing us and leading us each and every day. I so love Him!

Blessings,
Kimberly

No comments: