A Vote 4 Grace will put a Smile on your Face!!!
She's so excited and asked me if I would take her to get ice cream if she won. I told her yes and that I would take her even if she doesn't win. She'll be working on her speech tonight and giving it to the class tomorrow. Can I just tell you how proud I am of my precious no-so-little-anymore girl? If I haven't told you about Grace before, let me take a moment to do so now.
- Grace has amazing creativity and a wonderful imagination.
- She has written several books in her 9 years and I must say I have no doubt that writing will be her career.
- Because she's an only child she LOVES to be with other kids.
- Loves being outdoors and loves adventure of any kind.
- She's not quite as gregarious as me, but once she gets to know you, she can talk your leg off.
- I can't count the number of times I've heard, "Mama, let's pretent..."
- She is smart and beautiful...if I do say so myself.
- Most of all at the tender age of three she gave her heart to Jesus on a trip home from my parents.
- My mom reminded me of an incident that happened when she was about 4. After getting in trouble, I made her go to her room and sit on her bed. After a few minutes I peaked through the door to find her sitting there singing, "I cast all my cares upon you. I lay all of my burdens down at your feet. And anytime, I don't know, whaaat to do, I will cast all my cares upon you." Warmed my heart and gave me quite a laugh.
- This past spring we got to take Grace on her first missions trip to Orlando. We had to get up at 3:30 am to go to a church in downtown Orlando to feed the homeless. I will never ever forget the picture of Grace serving these wonderful people a plate of food. Nate Porter...thank you!
- Once we returned from the trip, I heard her in the bath tub one night singing a song she had made up about the homeless. I can't remember the words exactly but I remember her using words like "hero" and "brave". I knew at that moment she had got it.
That's my Grace. God's most precious gift to me.
Good luck Grace!